Updating the Life List:
1) A smart phone. So I can check my email everywhere. Thanks to the in-laws, I am now toting around a Blackberry Curve with Email from Verizon. It is a burden and a blessing, but it helps me not feel so crazy when I do take that (very infrequent) Saturday afternoon off.
2) A house.
3) A new bumper for my ’98 Honda Civic. And a new left front light. This is probably never ever going to happen.
4) A 4.0 GPA this semester. But I’ll settle for 3.5. 3.85 is not that bad, considering.
5) A beautiful, seizure-free, friendly wedding. With great weather. And everyone I love. It happened. It was beautiful, and seizure-free. There were a few moments that I heard about later on, but the day was magical.
6) A bright cherry red kitchenaid mixer. Thank you to my beautiful wonderful forever-after bridesmaids!!!
7) To wake up feeling like leaving my apartment and conquering the world instead of like staying in bed and watching TV.
8) A job that will let my soul rest easy, pay my student loans, and take my wonderful Hunter on vacation.
9) Travel. I want to travel…to see the world.
10) To know God. Fiercely.
11) To love others passionately.
UPDATE 10/7/2010: It seems like my more tangible goals were, for the most part, achieved! However, the most important things — the things that make you who you are, and that I want to embrace for my whole life — are still a bit out of reach. I’m learning to love others and to trust in my abilities, but I still freak out because I don’t have a job lined up and find myself relying on my own abilities instead of trusting in God’s timing.
But, I think it’s totally okay to do the easy things first! I’m going to add a few more things to the Life List as this year progresses, but I feel pretty good about crossing these things off.